Guinness Irish Stew recipeJune 14, 2016
Coopers Home Brewing SystemJune 28, 2016
Yeast free flatbread using beer
Here’s an incredibly easy way to make delicious naan-style flatbread without the need for baker’s yeast, by simply using a small amount of beer.
You can serve these bad-boys with just about anything, and they will be ready to eat in less than 25 minutes.
Prep Time: 6 minutes – plus 12 minutes resting time
Cook Time: 6 minutes per batch
Servings: 8 flat-breads
- 3 cups of plain flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ¾ cup of full fat non-flavoured Greek yoghurt (or sour cream)
- ¾ cup wheat beer at room temperature (or any non-bitter beer)
- In a large bowl stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Make a well in the centre and add the oil, yogurt, and beer.
- Stir until the dough comes together. Transfer to a lightly floured surface, and knead for 5 minutes.
- Cut into 8 sections and form into balls. Place in a bowl and cover with cling wrap. Allow to rest for 12 minutes.
- Lightly oil a cast iron skillet (or heavy steel pan) and heat to medium high.
- Press the balls into oblong shaped disks of around 15cm in length.
- Cook each piece for around 3 minutes on each side until lightly browned.
- Serve warm. Yum!