Cart is empty
PRIVACYPOLICY (Updated April 1st 2014)
Bar Fridges Australia (“we”, “us” or “our”) recognises the importance of privacy and is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals when handling their personal information.
*To note that on 14th May 2014 we started a new website on a new platform, so all previous reviews had to be transferred and done manually, we dont leave customer contact details on reviews.
2. Why we collect personal information
We collect, hold and use personal information for purposes relating to the promotion, backup service and supply of our products and services. For example, we may collect, hold and use your personal information for the purpose of:
· Informing you about our products or services that may be of interest to you
· Responding to your queries or feedback about our products or services
· Supplying our products or services to you
· Supplying back up service and warranty service
· Providing you with after sales support for our products or services
· Administering or managing the supply of our products or services to you
· Evaluating or developing our products or services
· Complying with our legal or regulatory obligations
· Being able to use your purchase information for research or marketing so we can offer relevant products to you in future
· So we can use it to try and gain benefits for you with 3rd party related industry companies
· We use Google Conversion Tracking on all online sales because it helps us track what sales and marketing monies spent is generating relevant sales
3. What kinds of personal information we collect
The kinds of personal information about you that we may collect and hold include your contact details including address, interests, date of birth, purchase history and service related information.
Where you do not provide us with all or some of your personal information that we request then we may not be able to supply our products or services to you.
4. What website visitor information we collect
We use a range of third party tools [including Google conversion tracking, cookies and session tools] to collect information about visitors to our website (“www.bar-fridges-australia.com.au”) For example, when you visit our Website we may collect your server address, domain name, operating system, browser type, pages accessed, documents downloaded, previous visits, referring website, and visit date and time. We collect and hold this information for the purpose of maintaining and improving our Website and enhancing your experience browsing our Website.
You may set your browser to disable cookies but some parts of our Website may not function properly if cookies are disabled. Our Website does not set tracking cookies if a Do Not Track request is received from your browser.
5. How we collect and hold personal information
We usually collect your personal information directly from you if you have completed a purchase, we also collect your email address for purpose of re-marketing if you didn't complete check-out. This is also kept to notify you of specials and new product launches, you can 'unsubscribe' at any time to these emails. We also may collect your personal information from you in person when you visit our office or by mail, telephone, facsimile, email or other communication with you.
We may also collect your personal information from a third party where it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect the information directly from you. e.g. For example, we may collect your personal information from a third party when you are appointed to act as the authorised representative of the third party for the purpose of administering or managing the supply of our products or services which are required by the third party. If you have entered details incorrectly and we cannot contact we may use other avenues to pursue making contact.
We hold personal information that we collect in both physical and electronic storage facilities including paper-based files and computer databases that are backed up daily.
6. How we disclose personal information
We disclose personal information to third parties for purposes relating to the supply of our products and services and if it is possible to benefit you. For example, we may disclose your personal information to:
· a credit report provider for the purpose of obtaining a credit report to assess your credit eligibility before supplying any of our products or services to you
· our customer support provider(s) for the purpose of providing you with support for our products or services including our marketing and advertising partners
These third parties may be located in Australia or other countries including India, Singapore and the Philippines.
We will not disclose your personal information to any other third parties without your consent except where required or authorised by law. For example, we will not sell or rent your personal information to any third party for marketing purposes without your consent unless it is part of a combined campaign that has possible benefits to you, the consumer.
7. How we protect personal information
We protect personal information that we hold from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure using both physical and electronic security measures which include [insert examples e.g. “secure premises, locked cabinets, video surveillance, secure databases, password access, access records, anti-virus software, data transfer encryption and firewalls”].
You provide us with your personal information over the Internet at your own risk as the security of such information cannot be guaranteed.
We destroy or de-identify personal information in a secure manner when we no longer need it for any of our functions or activities unless we are authorised or required by law to retain it.
8. How you may access and correct your personal information
You have the right to request access to, and correction of, any of your personal information that we hold. You should promptly notify us if you become aware that any of your personal information that we hold is inaccurate or out-of-date.
If you wish to access, correct or update any of your personal information that we hold, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact details below.
10. How to make an inquiry or complaint
If you have an enquiry or complaint about our handling of your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer who has responsibility for dealing with such inquiries and complaints.
11. How to contact us
You may contact our Privacy Officer using the contact details below:
Bar Fridges Australia (Jeromy)
Phone: 03 53376399
Address: 40 Production Drive, Alfredton, Victoria, 3350