Cart is empty
CLICK FRUSTRATED FRED TO LODGE WARRANTY CLAIM NOW:
Stay Cool, we will help, we try to respond to this online form within 48Hrs, it's best way to lodge a claim or call below service Hotline.
SERVICE HOTLINE: 1300 376849 (8:30>4:30pm Mon-Fri)
*Some fridge instruction manuals still mention you need to Register Warranty, our internal system does this now. So there is NO need to Register Warranty.
All refrigerated compressor driven products
purchased from Bar Fridges Australia (BFA) are covered by our exclusive ‘Product Confidence’ warranty;
*Products purchased OVER $500, 2 Years Australia Wide ‘On Site’ parts and Labor Warranty strictly from the invoice purchase date. This is NOT ‘parts only’ or ‘back to base’, this is real warranty no cost to you.
*Products purchased UNDER $500: 1 Year Australia Wide ‘New Replacement’ Warranty from the invoice purchase date will be replaced with new, depending on location and logistics.
warranty has been stream-lined in May 2017 to include commercial and domestic
under one umbrella.
*Exception: Scratch ‘n’ Dent and items on special (see below).
‘Scratch N’ Dent
bargains and Sales / Specials’ where stock is reduced in price have
separate warranty terms which are stipulated on both the website listing and
the invoice. These units are deemed to be second hand and are discounted
accordingly - their warranty periods are also reduced to reflect either 3,6,9
BFA will pay all costs to repair, replace (with similar or equivalent model) or refund (at our sole discretion) for any faulty unit or part thereof should the fault be deemed as a defect in operation, material, or workmanship. BFA is geared towards fairness in all cases. In most instances when we recognise a problem and the problem can be remedied on-site, the work is undertaken via our fleet of service technicians. Should it prove difficult to diagnose the fault or perform the repair work in the space or environment provided, or if the unit is located outside the BFA service area then the unit will need to go off site for repair and return.
Warranty Does Not Include;
- Any expenses resulting from service calls for either products or faults that are not specifically covered by this warranty, (including units which are found to be operating normally). All call out fees will then be borne by the client (at our discretion).
- Any expenses resulting from service calls for both fault diagnosis and repair after the above warranty terms have expired. BFA will always attempt to assist after warranty periods have expired with spare parts and service, just as we would within warranty periods. Glass door fridges are more prone to needing maintenance than domestic units do.
- Any client wishing to return a purchased unit with no legitimate reason. It is understood that the client has read our listing and knows all of the specifications in regards to size, noise levels, condensation, power consumption and the correct environment suited for the fridge. The cost to return is fully borne by the client as well as the initial cost of the delivery, plus a re-stocking fee of 10%. This strictly applies for a 14 day period from the date of the delivery.
- Any expenses resulting from defects to the unit caused by any
person, other than BFA or its authorized service agents,
a) Incorrect installation – such as a lack of ventilation, exposure to the elements where it’s not part of the refrigerator specification, sunlight in particular .
b) Abuse, misuse or alteration.
c) Failure to let compressor oil and/or refrigerant settle after relocation.
d) Damage during movement by the client from one location to another including lifting the unit by the doors or door handles.
e) Act of god or his son, or aliens invading earth.
f) Insect and/or vermin infestation.
g) Electrical/Power surges and/or storm damage.
h) Damage to any area or structure due to movement of the fridge, like wooden floors, walls and glass etc.
i) Faults due to client re programming or setting controllers wrong.
j) Blocked condensers due to not being cleaned, it is up to customer to ensure condensers are cleaned periodically, see www.cleanme.eu for relevant info on the type of units that need this.
- Any indirect, incidental or consequential damages, spoilt wine or frozen/exploded drinks, water damage including condensation forming on outer glass etc., except as provided for by ACL, Australian Consumer Law.
- Units used in ‘moveable’ vehicles (Cars, Vans, Buses etc.) will not be covered under any warranty at all. Talk to us about specific applications and we can help with recommendations.
- Fridges that do not come under our standard warranted lines, these will be clearly advertised with the warranty information directly pertaining to that product, and the purchase invoice will state the warranty.
- Fluorescent or LED lights, locks, ballast, rusted parts (including Stainless Steel), screws, nuts, and any plastic parts involving basic wear and tear.
- Labour if the technician has to travel outside of BFA’s service area, or the mainland of Australia.
- Freight costs for repair if unit is outside the Bar Fridges Australia service agent areas, all major capital cities are towns are included but there are some rare remote area’s we cannot service.
- Compensation/Claim in any form if the client hasn’t read the listing correctly in regard to the fridge power draw, operation and noise levels. BFA has extensive product details and the consumer is obligated to make an informed decision based on our listings and large amounts of information available.
How to Obtain
For assistance, there are 3 x ways below, to help we require fridge model, serial number, date of purchase and a description of the problem, please ensure you have as much info as possible to speed up process, a picture of the fridge showing wide shot and also the controller (if applicable)
- Go online at https://www.bar-fridges-australia.com.au/making-a-warranty-claim.html - This will take you through the basics questions needed for us to assist in a timely manner.
- Email service department directly on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact BFA Service Division direct on 1300 376849, 8:30am > 4:30pm Mon-Fri.
There is no guaranteed time limit for repairs to be carried out due to the nature of refrigeration products and the technician time booking constraints, you must allow 7-14 days as a fair down time, refrigeration mechanics these days are very busy and jobs have to be booked in advance. Sometimes units will need to be arranged for return and repair, which can be time consuming. In saying all this, all warranty issues are regarded as ‘urgent’, and every effort will be made to have the problem rectified immediately.
In some cases to speed the process up where a job is
considered a minor repair, the parts may be sent direct to the client and
authorization will be given to make the repair themselves with the warranty not
being voided. This is popular in situations like fan replacements, which are
easy to swap, when the client is an actual tradesman or handy with a screwdriver.
We will never allow electrical wiring jobs without tech, only plug ‘n’ play
Proof of Purchase:
We have made proof of purchase not a mandatory thing, but of course it will help. When purchased we internally register the model and your details so to find details we need invoice (as we keep serial numbers) or either email address or phone number that you lodged at the time.
Authorised Service Agents:
Service is provided by BFA and its’ authorized service network of refrigeration mechanics Australia Wide. We attempt to cover all areas though certain remote areas can often translate to longer waiting periods. We don’t allow for services outside of normal working hours, otherwise call out fees are applicable. ALL call outs have to be arranged and performed by approved BFA service technicians. Clients cannot arrange their own technicians within warranty period at all, this could void the warranty.
Replacement Parts / Items Out Of Warranty:
Parts will always be available at very reasonable prices after the warranty period is finished, our exclusive 10year parts availability guarantee is great piece of mind. It is very important to BFA to keep clients happy after the warranty period has expired. The following link allows you to lodge a claim/parts request, so add as much info as you can and we will assist.
*Check our unique Fridge Diagnosis Knowledge Base To
Assist In Finding Fault.